Thursday, December 10, 2009

In the Midst of the Christmas Countdown!

I love Christmas.  But more than just December 25th, I love every day that I get to anticipate the holiday which seems to be from Thanksgiving on to the New Year.  I am Catholic and Advent is a very important thing to me.  I have been trying to work on the Jesse Tree this year with my 5 y.o. "C".  The general idea behind this is everyday from November 28th on, there is a symbol and accompanying scripture that you talk about and the symbol is then made into an ornament and hung on a tree.  He seems to be enjoying this but a lot of the daily topics end up being huge discussions about the bible that I am unfamiliar with.  It is amazing how much of a theologian you have to be to discuss God with a child.  But, really, they bring up so much uncharted territory.  Maybe I am just out of practice with the Bible.
We also have two advent calendar, one that is hung on the wall and one that has candy everyday.  Surprisingly the boys keep forgetting to do the candy ones but every morning fight over who gets to put the tree in the next pocket.
Our decorations are up and the tree is up as well.  I have mostly all of my shopping done and my Christmas cards are mostly all out in the mail by now.  It sounds like I should be relaxing right now, huh?  But, the house is a mess as it is 6 days out of the week on a good week and I am trying to space out buying gifts pending on our funding with hopes that nothing is hard to get towards the end of the year, etc.  I just feel stressed.  Not to mention having a 7 month old with random all night fits is really putting a strain on me.  I thought by the third child I would know what was wrong with a baby, but "R" was hospitalized at 5 and 6 weeks of age due to an infection (pseudomonas) which is an unlikely infection to contract (still unsure how she even got it) so now every time she is fussy I worry.  Even 5-6 months after the fact.  That is what happens when you finally get your daughter and she sleeps through the night from 8 weeks on and is ALWAYS smiling.  You tend to panic when she is not that happy baby.  But, I truly think it is teething so fingers crossed.
Regardless, I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred this past Sunday.  I do it every morning at 6:30 am and have every day since I started.  I love it.  I love how I feel after I work out.  But, I despise early mornings.  I am hoping to get into the working out routine before the new year as new year exercise promises usually fail for me.  It is funny to think that last April I had my third c-section, had 16 weeks of training to complete my first half marathon (first time I ever ran also) ever and then took about 8 weeks off exercise.  I really am at square one again.  But, I will persevere because I have to.  That is what us good mothers do.  We just keep pushing on and on and hope the best comes of it.  I think what makes the ones who succeed weed out from the ones that don't is purely a state of mind and the way you look at each situation. I have comfort at the end of most days that what I did that day was the best I could do and for that reason it was a good day.  I say most days because I am not perfect nor would I want to be.
Today I am thankful for my children.  They make my days that are not so great fantastic.  Even at the end of a bad day with their behavior being awful, I still smile and thank God for the joy they bring to my life.

No comments: