Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Starting the new year with a Bang (crash & stitches)

So this year has had me soo busy already.  Once the new year hit, C started Kindergarten up again which he loves but I miss him at home.  I have been preparing myself for Grad School.  I am finally starting school for my masters which is bittersweet because I love school and could not wait to start again but I know that when it ends I will be back in the work force which I am going to love....but, I will miss my kiddos :(  I really do enjoy staying at home but the best thing for our family is to have the extra income so I will proceed.  I have always wanted my doctorate so this is just a stepping stone in the right direction.

So, last night I had my first class which I LOVED.  I have an awesome teacher who wrote the awesome text we are required to read for class and the class discussion was awesome!  But, 10 minutes before I leave I get a text from Brian to call him when I am on my way home.  Since we truly are soulmates, I can always tell what he means by texts and mannerisms etc.  Yes, we are the sick couple that can not only finish each other's sentences but I can look at him and know what he is thinking 90% of the time.  Weird, but fun :)  Anyway, I took my time calling him back, like 10 minutes, because class was just wrapping up.  I called back to find out he is in the emergency room with C getting his face checked out because he fell getting out of the tub and hit his face on the toilet.  Long story made short, C went to a plastic surgeon today to get about 3-5 internal deep stitches and 15+ external stitches on his lower right side of his lip.  His teeth had gone through his mouth basically when he fell :(  Poor little guy has to eat soft foods for the next 4-6 weeks and he was instructed not to smile a lot which saddens me because I love his smile.  I just have to keep telling myself that it is temporary.

This all makes me so thankful that it was not a worse outcome for C like it could have been.  Here's to a new year of hopefully no more trauma on any of the individuals in my family!

No comments: