Thursday, February 4, 2010

And the Puppy saga continues...

I am very close.  So close I can smell the dog drool and vacuum the hair up.  But, still I am anxiously awaiting an email. 
Since I last wrote, we had continued to have bad luck in finding a puppy.  But, I did meet a wonderful man via email that was helping assist us in our journey and he emaailed me to inform me that pending we could not find a pup, he was going to be breeding his female Merle Dane with a HUGE Black Dane this June and we could get a puppy from him in October if we were still looking.  Although the $1000 price tag seems a lot, my husband actually said he would be willing to do that and we would just have to start now saving.  I was also in agreement although I have always had this personal issue with shelling out so much money just to claim the dog and then you have all of the supplies and stuff to buy.  I would much rather a low fee puppy that I could spend that money on the puppy itself.  Oh well.  Apparently most breeders and rescues do not feel the same.  Rescuers spend a lot caring for the puppies so I completely understand that.  And breeders do a lot as far as pre-breeding testing etc., so I get that too.  I just WANT A PUPPY!
So, fast forward to today, I yet again was given another possible lead on a puppy.  This time, a 5 month old female Harlequin Dane that is in foster care after being rescued from a breeder in Virginia.  Her name is Winnie and she is absolutely beatuiful. Here is a pic or two :)
 
Yes, everyone, I have first dibs!  But, I will obviously keep you posted on what the status is.  We cannot afford a huge rehoming fee but she is already spayed and tacked and housebroken so I will definitely being considering that with the fee once I know what it is.  I am now just sitting and waiting for answers.  
This emotional roller coaster that is adopting animals is very taxing on a body.  I have been dreaming about puppies, not sleeping well, not keeping up with my grad school reading, and am starting to get a sore throat from being run down.
Despite what happens with this, I am just going to be positive that whatever happens is meant to be and I am very thankful to have the wonderful family I already have without a dog.  It would just be a wonderful addition!

2 comments:

Emily said...

AWWWWWWW! She's too adorable!! Good Luck! Everything will workout and be perfect for you family with the right doggie. cute cute cute!!

nault's nook said...

she is beautiful!! Good luck sweetie!