Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cloth Diapers Part Deux

Well, the last time I discussed cloth diapers I talked about prefolds and covers as I did those for my first few months.  I totally recommend that for new baby diapering.  Once R was sleeping mostly through the night though I switched over to One Size Pocket Diapers.  I bought a dozen BumGenius 3.0 One Size Pockets and I still love them as much as when I first got them.  Pockets diapers are diapers that have a pocket in between the outer part and the material that goes against the baby's bum.  You can fill the pocket with any insert whether it be a hemp one for more absorption or microfiber for cost effectiveness.  You can even stuff a prefold in there if you like the absorption of those best!  BumGenius comes with a Microfiber Insert that is adjustable to whatever size you have the diaper at and also a doubler (extra fabric to put in the pocket if needed for more absorption).  I also purchased Thirsties Hemp Inserts and used 1 microfiber and 1 hemp together at night.  No leaks ever and boy does she pee!  I also do that for my 2 y.o. and he has not had a leak yet either (except for one night when he took off the diaper but that is why I had to buy snaps for him).  The one size part is a system that consists of snaps on the front so you can adjust it to fit 8-30 pounds of a baby :)
I have currently 15 BGs but I also have 2 Happy Heiny Snaps, 1 Wahmie Snaps, 2 Rocky Mountain Snaps, and 1 Fuzzi Bunz Snaps.  I will say that I am not a fan of the Fuzzi Buns as they tend to not hold a lot and they are a little too trim for me, but I know many people rave about them which is why I recommend buying a one size sampler pack from a cloth diapering website.  I bought this one...
http://www.momsmilkboutique.com/PocketSampler.html
She now does Rumparooz instead of Wahmie but it is still a great idea !!!  I would have never tried Rocky Mountain Diapers if it was not for that sampler and they are one of my faves for toddlers!  Here is the ones I have used thus far:
Bum Genius

Happy Heiny
 

Rocky Mountain

 

Wahmies

 

Fuzzi Bunz
 

 


One of these days maybe I will be able to try the BlueBerry brand or Smartipants brand as those are on my list!!
Next cloth diaper discussion will be one of the new Bum Genius makers' creation, the FLIP :)

No comments: